Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jed's well intentioned experiments won't help either unless he gets
> himself a heat exchanger or properly simulates it with a nice heavy
> steam-heated copper . . .

My tests were rudimentary. But in my opinion, they helped a hell a lot more
than weeks and weeks of blabbing, handwaving, and empty speculation. For
example, people here imagine that trapped air under the insulation might
have a measurable effect on a thermocouple. That is nonsense. I knew it was
nonsense. I have now demonstrated it is nonsense.

There was a heck of a lot more trapped air with the foam pipe insulation I
used than there would be with Rossi's black tape, but it still did not make
any measurable difference.

Frankly, I have no doubt Houkes is right and the rest of you do not know
what you are talking about.