A couple of articles on my daily scan :

A Crowd Funding Approach to E-Cat Testing

http://www.e-catworld.com/2011/12/1499/
One idea that has been brought up on this site recently that might serve to break the deadlock is that interested people might purchase a 1 MW plant through a crowdfunding project, and then test the E-Cat plant themselves.

Yesterday I send this message to Rossi on his JONP site:

Dear Andrea,

There has been some discussion on my E-Cat World Site about the possibility of creating a consortium to receive donations from
people for the purchase of a 1 MW plant for the purpose of testing and evaluation.
evaluation.

Once the testing was complete the plant could be donated to a needy organization in need of heat ­ perhaps a hospital, desalination project, etc. (you could choose the final recipient)

Would this be something you would approve of and cooperate with?

Best regards,

Frank Acland

Rossi responded:

Dear Frank Acland:
A Customer who buys a plant has the right to make all the tests he wants, obviously.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

That's all a bit too expensive with a 1MW ... they added on $1M for shipping and testing.

http://earthbagbuilding.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/e-cat-update-lenr-confirmed-by-mainstream-scientists/

E-Cat Update: LENR Confirmed by Mainstream Scientists

December 14, 2011 by Owen Geiger

... list of scientists : no surprises ...

Vortex list (active discussion among scientists and engineers, although the quality of the site is currently hampered by trolls)

Just one, actually?

(lenr.qumbu.com -- analyzing the Rossi/Focardi eCat  -- Hi, google!)