From: Mary Yugo

> I think you're misreading my intent.  I am only arguing against some
people's apparent certainty regarding Rossi and Defkalion.

Well, I completely agree that such certainty is both rampant - and misplaced
(and sometimes silly). With one major caveat.

Although Rossi has discovered a way to intensify an energy anomaly (the same
one as Thermacore) I doubt that it is economically viable in his device. He
went from pre-prototype to end product in a year and skipped dozens of
necessary intermediate steps. He is probably two to four years away from a
commercial device, minimum.

To that narrow extent, it could be a "secondary-scam", but IMO there is a
fundamental anomaly at the base of it - so I am offended by anyone who wants
to write-off the entire story off as a complete scam.

*       And I am not terribly interested in cold fusion and LENR *in
general*.

Well to be honest - that is the attitude that makes many of us oppose your
negativity. We are convinced from personal experience, either in the Lab or
through other research that there is something very vital here which will be
the "next big thing" even if it takes a little longer than expected.

Jones