From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 5:35 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Thermacore reported heat well above recombination

I should make a comment on the MIT report, mentioned by Jed ... or lack of
one.

Haldeman was the head of Lincoln Labs at MIT for years, which was the
premiere physics Lab in the World at the time. CERN may make the claim now,
but I think they are comparative bumblers. Anyway, as I understand it,
Haldeman wanted to stay on after retirement as a consultant - and as a
result of their deal - he could not file the complete report on Ni-H and
Mills/Thermacore - due to political pressure from the Hot Fusion group, and
the fact that Mallove had already exposed the "recalibration" fraud with the
P&F experiment. They did not want any more negative publicity.

Here is what Tom Stolper has to say about this episode in his fine book,
which everyone interested in Ni-H should put at the top of their reading
list. It is on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Genius-Inventor-controversy-historical-contemporary/dp
/1419643045/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324085375&sr=8-2

"Haldeman's team at MIT's Lincoln Lab verified excess power production from
the old [Thermacore] cells long ago, and so did Michael Jacox at the Idaho
National Engineering Lab. Those labs were, and are, as reputable as one can
get."

"No, I never did see the replications at MIT's Lincoln Lab or at INEL, but I
did speak with Haldeman and Jacox years ago, as well as another engineer at
INEL. I also spoke with management at Lincoln Lab and asked for a copy of
the report there but got stonewalled. At INEL, the public relations people
claimed never to have heard of Mills."

"Haldeman was very impressed with the performance of his final cell and
recommended that further studies be made, in particular studies of the newer
gas-phase cells of greater power (which have since been succeeded by the
plasma cells of even greater power). Jacox was also impressed, but being
more junior at INEL at the time than Haldeman was at MIT, Jacox wasn't able
to get as far before his managers, like the managers at the Lincoln Lab,
decided that Mills' cells were "too hot to handle" (pun intended).

Where is Tom Stolper these days anyway? He used to contribute here on
Vortex, and I would love to hear his take on Rossi.

Jones

From: Jed Rothwell

Stephen A. Lawrence has been fretting about the Thermacore NASA study, which
said: "However, the present data do admit efficient recombination of
dissolved hydrogen-oxygen as an ordinary explanation."

Stop worrying about it. They published a later study in which input was I*V
and output exceeded it by a large margin, easily measured. I think that was
the MIT report.

I am sure Jones Beene is right and this was dropped because of politics.
That is always the reason.