Two or three people have contacted me suggesting we raise funds for Miley.
I appreciate the sentiments, and I am sure George would too, but as far as
I know universities only accept money from official sources such as
corporations, philanthropic organizations, government agencies, etc. They
cannot just take money from private individuals. There has to a formal
agreement, which is a complicated multi-page legal document. There is 40%
to 60% overhead for the university itself.

I have been involved in a few of these arrangements. That's how it works as
far as I know.

It is not that big a hurdle. If you know a corporation that has money, I
expect the university would happy to arrange something. But you cannot walk
in off the street as a private individual with a suitcase full of money.
(I'll take it!)

I believe the other problem is that the grad students who were doing this
as an after-hours labor of love have moved on in life. Even grad students
graduate eventually. It may be difficult to find some young person bold
enough to do this. (Reckless enough.) Miley himself is too old, I believe.
He can assist.