On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Alberto De Souza <
alberto.investi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a new member of the list, but I'm reading the posts since January. I'm
> addicted...
>
> If we have a large COP (10-100), I believe we can use thin film
> thermogenerators (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectricity) such as
> these http://www.micropelt.com/down/datasheet_mpg_d651_d751.pdf to make a
> self sustain wet cell... We can put thousands of those around a wet cell.
> They produce useful power with as little as 10 degrees Celsius (see
> datasheet).

Interesting gadgets.  With proper placement and calibration, they'd convert
any appropriately designed cell into an envelope calorimeter similar to the
classical Seebeck Effect calorimeters (SEC's).  To overstate the obvious,
you would calibrate with an electrical heater and a precision power
supply.    Of course, the devices would have to have repeatable, consistent
electrical output for the same heat input -- they'd have to be stable.