On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM, <pagnu...@htdconnect.com> wrote:

> He should publicly issue a challenge to CF/LENR  researchers to allow him
> to witness and monitor
> their experiments.

If we learned nothing else from the experiences with Rossi, it should be
that "witness and monitor" isn't enough.  I suppose it may depend on what
"monitor " means -- that's a bit vague.  What's needed is for disinterested
(*neutral*) investigators with the appropriate capabilities to replicate
the work *independently* of the proponent.   Having a reporter look over
the shoulder of a scientist is always fun and interesting but it is rarely
definitive proof that what is going is real and is being honestly and
accurately represented.

Especially when claims are unexpectedly robust or when independent
verification is long delayed, there needs to be suspicion at least of error
and in some rare instances, of fraud.