Hi,

I'm looking at W/L theory.
To be honest, the first comments I've read make me think about crackpot
language, but it seems to be simple jargon.

I resume my opinion, asking for better explanation and eventual critics.
note that I have basic level in QP (and classic physic)  because of basic
university education in the old time and long curiosity through magazine.

W/L theory start with the presence of an heavy electron, (will discuss it's
creation, the most mysterious)
this heavy, thus slow, thus large electron (thanks Heisenberg inequality)
interact with proton, to make a neutron (and a neutrino)...
then the neutron, which is slow, thus large, interact with nucleus, and
trigger a chain of classic disintegration (beta, alpha).
the only surprise seems to be the lack of hard gamma, that you could
expect, but the heavy/large electrons might interact with the gamma...

for the creation of heavy electrons, it seems it is the effective mass that
is refered like here:
http://www.bnl.gov/bnlweb/pubaf/pr/PR_display.asp?prID=1130
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_electron
thus the mass is simply caused by all the lattice/wave around, slowing the
electrons when it tries to move...
quite classic if you practice semiconductors physic
(no link to relativistic mass?)

W/L theory says they are heavy because interacting with SPP : surface
plasmon polariton :
see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasmon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polariton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_plasmon_polaritons
note that in French the equivalents article are more rich, IMO.
they talk clearly of the quantum states of those pseudo particle like
oscillators coupling, with stable modes who are eigenvalue, thus states of
particle.

SPP, plasmon and polariton are thus simply quantum state of collective
behavior of electrons at a surface, and photons...
quite classic if you understands phonon ans evanescent waves (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evanescent_waves)

the cause of the heavy electrons seems cause by huge electric fields, but
from where ?
from SPP ? from group behavior of electrons ? from electrons Bose-Einstein
condensate ? from heat ?

from heat, creating SPP, creating collective Bose-Einstein condensate,
creating collective behavior?

some talk about resonance, what is it concretely in QP? a kind of
constructive interference ?

some talk also about the breaking of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation,
which is well explained
in Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born-Oppenheimer_approximation
(once again the French version is simpler to understand)
this approximation is based on the assumption that the mass of the nucleus
is so huge that you can neglect the move of the nucleus, because of the
electron.
so you compute first the energy states of the electrons, depending on
nucleus distance.
then you compute the energy state of the nucleus pair, using the potential
energy of electrons computed earlier.

so W/L theory says that in some case, you cannot neglect the move of the
nucleus (proton here) because of the electrons.

I need some explanation about that...

also there is some mystery that I understand even less.

when the electron react with proton, it seems that the reaction is
endothermic.
where does the energy came from ? from SPP ? from collective behavior ?
from electric field?

after that, what is the exact explanation why gamma should be absorbed by
the heavy electrons ?
or is simply the gamma suppressed because of some quantum branching
preference ?

thanks in advance for clarification...
don't forget also to raise the key problems, and vulgarize them .