Addendum:

Let me add that my understanding of gravitation forces is based on
applying Newton's famous square of the distance formula. But does the
same square of the distance law govern the measured forces of charged
particles as well? I was assuming that was indeed the case. But I
could be dead wrong!

I seem to dimly recall reading somewhere (and I don't know where!!!)
that the forces of electrically charged particles have been measured
to be to the third or fourth power. If that is the case then my prior
analysis should be completely discarded.

I bet Mr. Heffner or Mr. Lawrence probably know the answer to my query.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks