Horace,

You parse comments way too precisely.

I should have said that "your observations raise questions."

For instance, a key one is -
"The WL math and QM is possibly controversial (e.g. via Hagelstein and
Chaudhary), but the logic and common sense in problem definition and
conclusions are clearly controversial and not so complex issues."

That seems to imply the question - 'Is W-L theory math correct?'
-- unless you are already sure there is no baby in the bath water.
I do not know.  That's why I looked at the simplest classical analogue I
can think of - as a cross-check, an imprecise guide.

Also, you statement "It would be useful to hear the WL take on why the
lack of neutron activation LENR experiments..." sure sounds like question
unless you mean for the following statements to be interpreted as a
definitive rebuttal.  Your counterpoints may all turn out to be totally
valid.  I'm not able to say.

To paraphrase the philosopher, Yogi Berra:
"Theoretically, the theoretical and the empirical are the same.
Empirically, they're not."

BTW, in slide #25 of Celani's latest presentation -
http://www.22passi.it/downloads/WSEC2012%20Present.pdf  -- he states:

"About theory, it is growing the interpretation that such phenomena arise
because the “Weak Force” (Larsen-Widom model) instead the previously
thought, usual Strong Force. A well know Researchers (A.Takahashi)
recently wrote a model were both forces can be active"

As for myself, I'm just uncertain.