>From Mauro,

> I think the problem is with the "electrostatic" idea...
> if there are electric currents, then there isn't an
> electrostatic situation. There's nothing static in a
> system like the Sun and the Solar System.

Ah! THAT's what I missed in my prior speculation. Thanks for bringing
it to my attention.

The sun, which is obviously generating DYNAMIC electrical currents &
associated fields is probably the reason why electrSTATIC forces do
not appear to be an issue.

Good! I now feel secure in the knowledge that the sun is not going to
blow up due to an imbalance of static charges!

...Of course, specifications are subject to change over the
millennium. [I read that in the fine print] ;-)

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks