Ever since talk began about increasing cathodic charge carriers emerging
with temperature at high loadings I've been trying to recall the name of
the early researcher who attached an anode directly to his cathode as well
as having an anode in the electrolyte, and I finally found the cite in
"Excess Heat" by Charles Beaudette:

ICCF-6 "Progress In New Hydrogen Energy", p. 136

The researcher was Preparata.

Moreover, Beaudette makes some astounding statements about Preparata's work:

"*The same [result] was observed in the about fifty similar experiments
that we have conducted."  That result produced a power density of 100,000
watts per cm^3...*"

All I can say is "WTF?????"