My questions were motivated by definition #4 in the patent which refers to
deuterating the crystal, but it is clear (I think) from the context that
this is still just as part of proposed small, conventional (hot) impact
fusion - not really cold fusion, at all.  Fusion is not claimed to take
place within the deuterated crystal.

So I think their claims strictly cover conventional fusion, and will not
relate to CF/LENR in any way, unless the pyroelectric crystals can be
mixed in with, or coated on, say Ni or Pd to catalyze more intense CF/LENR
reactions, since these crystals can generate intense, localized EM-fields
(> 25 V/nm).