At 06:10 AM 1/20/2012, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Francesca broke the proceedings book into smaller chunks, here:
http://iccf15.frascati.enea.it/docs/proceedings.html

I noticed this one (part 1, p 52)

Abnormal excess heat measured during Mizuno-type experiments: a
possible artefact?
J-F. FAUVARQUE ....

Abstract.
Recently performed Mizuno-type experiments confirmed generation of excess heat but
not at the rate reported in ref. 2 (Sotchi -ICCF13). The main reason for the discrepancy is now
clear; the bandwidth of our Unigor wattmeter, used in old experiments, was insufficient for
correcting measurements of highly fluctuating electric energies.

Let us elaborate on the issue of electric power measurements. In the early experiments, they were
performed by using the Unigor wattmeter. Its readings were shown to be reliable when the electrolytic
cell was replaced by an ohmic resistor, that is when the current was constant. But the current in the
electrolytic cell rapidly fluctuated between zero and approximately ten amperes. Wide fluctuations of the
current, observed with the oscilloscope, were responsible for wide fluctuations of the voltage between the
anode and the cathode. Unlike the Unigor 390M (bandwidth up to 0.1 MHz), the Goerz D6000 instrument
(bandwidth up to 2 MHz) is designed to function properly at such fluctuations.

As seen in Fig. 2 (curves normalized at 200 volts), the measurements made with the D6000 wattmeter
were very close to the thermal values. On the contrary, the Unigor values did not agree with the D6000
values, specially in the 280-300 volts region. This explains the discrepancy between our now results and
results reported in (2). Oscilloscopic measurements of electric energy were essentially the same as those
performed by using the D6000 wattmeter (even at 300 V, where arcing was very intense). The previously reported
excess heat was not observed in our new experiments.

I (and others) have called for waveform monitoring of the eCat calorimetry, or for the use of wideband meters which do not rely on a sinusoidal waveform for their calculations.

But I still think that it would be very difficult to "sneak in" the power levels required for an ecat.