Perhaps this has already been discussed on Vortex-l, but a quick search
yielded the following paper -

"Formation of Cooper pairs in quantum oscillations of electrons in plasma"
http://arxiv.org/abs/0902.4596

- I have only briefly perused it, but if it's correct, it may point out
some connections of high-temp Cooper-pairing, plasmons, and anomalous
fusion.  Some other papers by the author also address this issue:

http://arxiv.org/find/physics/1/au:+Dvornikov_M/0/1/0/all/0/1

Any opinions on this series of papers?

- Lou Pagnucco