Hey gang, another problem to mull over.

I was studying Spark discharges based on the suggestion of a person I have
great respect for, and I found this study.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=5379213

According to this abstract, spark discharges are an efficient means of
producing nascent monoatomic hydrogen.  The efficiency of conversion to
monoatomic hydrogen appears to be 30 to 40% with a low recombination rate with
monoatomic hydrogen still found 40 mm away from the initial discharge.

If somebody has access to this paper, please let us know what the entire paper
says.

Anyways, this got me wondering.  Could Rossi be using a spark discharge inside
his reactor.  The evidence for this appears to be anecdotal.  I wonder if he
calls this spark discharge his "RF" as some have suggested.  With a 30 to 40%
efficiency, this appears to be a very efficient and low energy means to supply
a steady availability of nascent hydrogen which would already be partially
ionized.  Could this be the Rossi Catalyst we've been hunting for?

Could it be that the electical energy required to maintain the Rossi reaction
be the energy to create sparks to provide a constant strean of nascent ionized
hyrdogen?  This would seem logical cause Rossi seems to insist on using
electricity to "heat" his reactor to maintain the reaction.  Logic would
dictate that a more efficient way to maintain throttling heat would be to
divert some of the output heat back to the input, as our dearly departed friend
George Hody (Mary Yugo) would say. It seems that Rossi is not doing this
because it won't work.  He needs "sparks" not raw heat to maintain his reaction.

What do you guys think.  Is sparking a necessary ingredient for the Rossi
formula.  Would sparks be an efficient means of creating Rydberg hydrogen atons
to create an environment suitable for LENR?

If sparks are a necessary ingredient, I have found a very cheap and efficient
way to create these sparks - by using a spark plug driven by a CDI electronic
ignition box.  The rate of spark ignition can be controlled by a cheap function
generator.  I have incorporated this design into my reactor.  I will try this
out.

In the meantime, I need to hear from smart theoriticians here to see if this
research direction makes sense.