Off the top of my head I'd like to mention that Benford's Law is
particularly good at rooting out cheaters.  Basically, the most
significant digit from a sets of naturally occurring data tends to
follow a well known power law distribution.  This is true for things
like lengths of rivers, street addresses, amounts entered on your
taxes, etc.

I know they use this in voting already, but I'm not sure exactly how.
Would be interesting to see how this works out in this particular
case.