I agree that this one is particularly ugly. I liked the one that was in the Dutch news this week better: http://pal-v.com/

In some respect it has much in common with a trailer boat. It gives you the option to take it to another place to launch from and it gives you better storage/parking options.

In many places the price of renting parking (hangar) space for your plane is a substantial part of operational expenses when owning a plane. A flying car has the advantage that you do not have to leave it at the airport per se, and that it fits in more or less normal sized garages at cheaper locations and under your own guard.

Andre