Von: Harry Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com>
An: Guenter Wildgruber <gwildgru...@ymail.com>
Gesendet: 20:27 Freitag, 6.April 2012
Betreff: Re: [Vo]:Calorimetry versus Thermal imaging

>Thermal imaging is more *intuitive*  than thermocouples and
>caloritmetric calculations, and that makes it more impressive. It is
>the next best thing to being able to feel the warm water or the heat
>radiation with your own hand.

>Harry

You are ofcourse right in a sense.
T.I. is good at measuring RELATIVE DIFFERENCES, not an AVERAGE ABSOLUTE.
(I
 was once involved in measuring absolutes/relatives in the mK/uK range
in a Spacelab experiment-'High Precision Thermostat', 'HPT'. This was a tough
one. So rest assured that I approximately know what I'm talking about.
See here: http://papers.sae.org/881024/)
But if You agree on the general idea of 'hot spots' in LENR, T.I. opens up a
whole new dimension.

Compare this to a (SMD) resistor: There are
 no hot spots. At least if it is properly designed.
I would expect sort of a sparkling effect in the case of LENR, with
time-varying hot spots.

Definitely not the continuous heating of a resistive surface.

Guenter