________________________________
 Von: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
An: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Gesendet: 4:28 Samstag, 14.April 2012
Betreff: RE: [Vo]:Massive "free energy" - in the hood

From:Terry Blanton

>Could it be that the crests (towers) are predominantly one polarity and the
>troughs are the other?

>If that is true, the massive energy is flowing through
the stay cables of the bridge.  Notice the lights on the stay cables.
 How could they survive?

Well, this definitely is a fascinating picture.
What I notice, is, that the more intense lightnings all seem to go to the right
hand side of the the big bridge structure.
Those which go to the lower structures are markedly less intense, and it is not
clear where - and when- they are going there.

Exposure time is probably a couple of seconds, so we do not know about the
sequence of events.

Also note how lightnings evolve:

a) There seems to be sort of a pathfinder ('stepped leader' ) from top to
bottom.

b) The real high-intensity develops, when the path  to a low-impedance ground
is  met by a 'positive streamer' from the bottom up.

This whole scenario, filmed with a high-speed camera would be a treasure of
insight for lighnting research.
Except that it is'nt.

See here:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLWIBrweSU8

Put that into the peer-reviewed Journal of Rarely Reproducible Events.

;)

If I put my Engineer hat on, plus adding some spice of curiosity, I would place
a 'field-mill'  on top of the bridge-posts, and continuously measure the
E-field, which is a couple of  100V/m in a normal  electrically active
atmosphere.
In a situation like that, where lightnings develop,  I would expect that this
jumps to high kilovolts to megavolts/m,. (20kV/cm in normal atmosphere as a
critical limit, above that: sparking occurs).
The interesting aspect here is, that the socalled  'positive streamer' going up
seems to develop its own E-field,
which is higher than the average of the-in-between atmosphere, and therefore
develops a spark UP, which means, that the ground-up E-field has to be stronger
than the intermediate one.
Why is that?

One would have to measure that..

( I once indavertedly built such a device for high altitude atmospheric
research.
Do'nt know whether any aircraft has built-in E-field detectors, but ours,
designed to fly through all kinds of strange conditions, had one. But these
devices are  mainly designed  to detect dangerously high E-fields, which signal
conditions where it is not supposed to fly through, despite all the smooth talk
to the passengeres, that they fly in a Faraday-cage. Which somehow is correct,
but then not. In a case like that the aircraft would be  loaded  with
electrons/ions, where it is unclear, whether eg the communication systems would
still be working. Some dose of hopium seems to overcome the issue.)

Any big structure, which attracts a lot of lightnings, should be equipped with
such sensors.
Those do not exist.

Anyway.
Interesting.