This is definitely an Ohmori-Mizuno style glow discharge experiment. I
heard from one of the authors. It employs "confined free powders of
tungsten in a reaction chamber by natural convection" with a plasma between
the powder and  "an anode jacketed by a porous sintered borosilicate glass
filter."

The problem with the O-M experiment was that it was unstable, short-lived,
and it caused a large explosion. This technique probably fixes the first
two problems. I don't know about the third. When I observed the tests,
Mizuno could make the effect turn on for ~5 minutes at most. The heat
eroded the cathode in about 15 minutes. It was broken up into black dust at
the bottom of the cell. So, the effect appeared to be real, but it was of
no practical use. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=187#PhotosTMizuno

I assume the black color of the dust meant the particles were of small
dimensions. I do not think it could be tarnished in a 15-minute experiment.
Once the metal was broken up and it fell to the bottom and there was no way
to use it in a circuit. That is to say, it was nothing like a fluidized bed.

This new technique starts off with powder and uses it in a fluidized bed.