It is important to point out the fallicies but I do not think
fallicies render a theory fatally flawed.
A theory can still be useful and valuable even if the logic of the
theory is not completely sound. For example, although it took over 150
years to provide calculus with a thoroughly logical foundation, that
did not stop people from using it successfully. On the other hand it
is annoying when an inconsistency is pointed out and the response is
to dismiss it or explain it away without any real acknowledgement.
Unfortunately that kind of response is to be expected when math
replaces intuition in the art of theory making.
harry