On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM,  <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> (BST):
> Hi,
> [snip]
>
> Piezoelectric effects could also create EM radiation that might affect the
> electronics of the detectors.

The two kinds of dectors work differently, so it reduces the likely
hood that the data were
just artifacts. One criticism leveled against the bubble detector was
that the signature bubbles were produced by sound/vibrations at the
moment of fracture rather than neutrons. However, in my opinion this
is *very* unlikely because not every sample that was fractured
produced bubbles, only ones of certain chemical composition. Also the
He3 detected neutrons in the same test samples as the bubble dector.
Then there is also the evidence of a change in chemical composition at
the fracture surfaces.

harry

Harry