  From: Jojo Jaro [mailto:jth...@hotmail.com]
  Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 12:53 PM
  To: Vortex
  Subject: [Vo]:Test for the Existence of Carbon Nanotubes

  Hey Gang,  Is anyone here aware of an easy test for the presence of Carbon
Nanotubes?  "Easy" being simple and inexpensive and accessible to ordinary
folks without expensive equipment.  A Test that would quantify the amount of
carbon nanotubes would be better than simply telling me that they are
present.

  I am testing my nanotube reactor but I am unsure how much nanotubes I am
creating if any.

  Is there a chemical out there that would react exclusively with nanotubes
only.  Alternatively, a chemical that would strip away the carbon soot and
ordinary carbon particles and leave behind only carbon nanotubes would work
also.  I am aware that there is a CNT purification process, but a google
search reveal nothing within my reach or capability.

  Jojo