"The prevailing wisdom is that creative endeavors are good for helping
to slow the decline of our mental capabilities. But what if, in fact,
the aging brain is more capable than its younger counterpart at
creativity and innovation?"

"It's a compelling proposition in our society, where more and more
seniors are looking for jobs and going back to work (the number of
working seniors has more than doubled since 1990, according to the
Bureau of Labor Statistics); where ageism is rampant in many areas
(particularly hiring); and where innovation is, for the most part,
considered a young person's domain."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/19/health/enayati-aging-brain-innovation/index.html

Harry