Yes, Hyperion-style reactors, according to the numbers they publish,
cause a strong paradigm change in energy strategy, while being very
conservative on technology.

The current paradigm is expensive fuel, that you have to save, with costly
optimized devices, to increase energetic efficiency, so you save even more
costly fuel on the long term.

The new paradigm is inexpensive fuel, with cheap , simple, but
comparatively expensive device and maintenance. The fuel raw material is
nearly free per kWh produced, and even the work on the fuel seems cheap.
The reactor is a little more expensive than the usual furnance, yet cheaper
than an Heat Pump.

However is changing totally the investment strategy, LENR is very
conservative and simple to integrate in existing technology. It replace any
reactor, furnace, boiler. no need of cold-side  convector outside, of
panel, or tower, of building, of shielding... at most add a fire alarm and
some slow venting to evacuate hydrogen leaks...
then use the classic radiators to heat, turbine  to produce electricty or
mechanical energy, absorption refrigerator for cold...

anothe big change will be the autonomy, because the fuel is very light, yet
the reactor is heavy. It will give vehicle with huge autonomy, like nuclear
boats/submarines.

the only problem is about throtling which is slower than gaz furnace, but
with good classic plumbing (heat accumulation), or hybrid-electric drive
(like on cars), you can manage.

initially I thought that CHP would be a good idea with smart grid, but I
don't think so now.
Investment is the only real cost, and it is more rational to have a dumb
10kW furnace at home, and a big MW power plant in the block, than have a
complex CHP connected to the grid anyway.
At most CHP will replace diesel in remote islands. And power plants will
replace long electric lines, because it will be more easy to produce
electricity on-demand than to transport it far.

about economic factor, it will give work to many people, in rich and poor
countries, because there will be too much job for everybody, because the
ROI is huge.
I can be good fro developing countries, if they can obtain the loan to
replace their yearly costly oil by a big investment, paid back in a few
years.
At worst they could ask the market or make a central bank, because that
investment payback quickly.

Socially and geostrategically it will stabilize the world.

by the way I noticed that DGT talk of emerging competitors in japan ? Who
is it ? Mitsubishi or  Toyota ? someone else?

ps: hope they are sincere, but I don't see any other credible alternative,
with all indirect evidence.