On 2012-07-17 17:56, Ron Kita wrote:

Not sure IF this was posted before:
http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/07/brian-ahern-to-announce-nanonickel-breakthrough-is-product-of-asymmetric-magnetism/

No, this wasn't posted before. To tell the truth, I was aware of this news, but the lack of detailed information from the event website [1], the apparent unwillingness of mr.Ahern to share more details about his participation to the event or the event itself, and that last year he backed out of a similar one in NYC without plausible explanations made me unsure whether to post it on Vortex-l or not.

It appears he will unveil a new theory to explain the mechanism of LENR phenomena, according to which they are not based on nuclear effects, but rather on an "asymmetrical magnetism effect" (whatever this really means).

To be honest, if he's getting significant, repeatable and controllable amounts of excess heat as reported (21 watts), an independent, thorough and undeniable validation of these results alone would already be an extraordinary breakthrough. We're not speaking of sub-watt or milliwatt-level excess heat! This is already something that could be commercially useful (assuming that input energy is a fraction of the output).

That Brian Ahern expects the public to take these results for granted and embrace instead yet another theory that should explain for once and for all why LENRs occur... it's a bit of a put off for me to be honest. This is not what we need right now. Just my 2c.

Cheers,
S.A.

[1] http://neny.org/neny/Events/2012NESymposium.aspx