From: MarkI-ZeroPoint <zeropo...@charter.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 8:10 pm
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Defkalion GT at NIWeek2012

Lots of good things happening this week, and likely at ICCF too…  good papers
coming out.  I am beginning to feel there’s a trend to see more theoretical
papers about ‘deuterated metal lattices’ and other titles which indicate the
theorists have begun to see this as respectable and a very challenging problem
which their minds crave to solve…  although still somewhat avoiding the CF
word.  When one factors in the human aspect, Nobel prizes and other
professional accolades and notoriety, this has reached the critical momentum
that nothing can stop it now.

There ain’t no way this genie could get stuffed back into the bottle now… I
don’t care how much $ or influence that entity might have, the genie is free!!
 Reminds me of Robin Williams’ portrayal as the genie in the animated movie,
Aladdin, where at the end, the ‘thief’ had a choice for a third wish between
wishing that his love interest would still love him after he confesses to her
that he’s not a prince, or he could do the right thing as promised to the genie
and grant his freedom… he wished the genie ‘free’.   It was the right thing to
do, and it was a good feeling.  Well, I’m kinda feeling like that now!  And for
all of us who have been following this saga for 23 frickin’ years, it a pretty
dam good feeling!  It won’t happen overnight, but it WILL happen in our
lifetime.

-Mark