I heard about the Chinese bailout of A123 from a business man I know.

On another note,

I stopped by his office late morning to chat, and I brought my watts-up
energy meter to verify a new type of light that he showed me last time I
visited him.  It is  some kind of semiconductor-based 'chip', ~1 inch
square, puts out a blinding 500W-equivalent of light, yet on the watt meter,
it started out at 40W, and settled to about 35.8W after an hour - only gets
a bit warm, and if you put your hand in front of the light-square, ~6 inches
away, you feel pretty much nothing.  Briefly chatted with inventor by phone
a few weeks ago and he claims it is not LED. OK, I'm intrigued!  Then when
he claims that he can change the wavelength by simply adjusting a 'chip'
inside, I had some additional questions.. Like, you mean, after the thing is
assembled, you can adjust the wavelength?  Anyone hear of something like
that?  Yeah, there are all different colors of LEDs, but the wavelength is
set, immutable when they 'come out of the oven'. I can't take a green LED
and by tweaking the driving circuit, change its color. or am I missing
something here?

-Mark