-----
"Dead Astronaut"
http://www.thefoxisblack.com/2011/08/05/space-suit-of-the-week-63/

<<This “Dead Astronaut” is a sculpture by Brandon Vickard, and I can’t
quite figure out what is going on with this sculpture. As if
astronauts didn’t have enough to worry about (sudden loss of pressure,
micrometorites, cosmic radiation, etc.) one astronaut has to worry
about termites. Even though this dead astronaut is made out of dead
wood, the sculpture has a life of its own. Living in gallery space,
this would-be explorer begs questions. These questions may vary from
the questions inspired by living astronauts; mostly about the ideas
that launched the sculpture. Surely a poplar Apollo suit complete with
a skull is grounded in something.

We can look at the expression of the dead astronaut, our observations
branching out into new questions rooted in the expression of the
skull. Usually the face is hiding behind a reflective visor that
protects retinas from UV light, our astronaut may not be worried about
UV rays… Because um… he’s not real. However, as long as we wonder what
his purpose is and what territory he is exploring, he really isn’t
dead at all. >>
-------

The Cosmic Dead  by the Psychonauts
http://thecosmicdead.bandcamp.com/album/psychonaut

Album cover features another dead astronaut