There is no preprint for this paper.

*Anomalous Results in Fleischmann-Pons Type Electrochemical*

*Experiments*

D.D. Domingueza, L. DeChiarob, D.A. Kidwella, A.E. Moserc, V. Violanted,
G.K. Hublera,
S-F. Chenga, J-H. Hec, and D.L. Kniesa
aNaval Research Laboratory, Washington DC 20375 USA
bNaval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren, VA USA
cNova Research, Inc., Alexandria VA 22308 USA
dENEA, Frascati, Italy

We have conducted over 300 Fleischmann-Pons type electrochemical
experiments varying several parameters. Less than 5% of these experiments
showed substantial excess heat with bursts of many kJ. These bursts are
sometimes accompanied by radio-frequency emissions and abnormal voltage
transients. We have been unable to explain these bursts as an experimental
artifact, and they are too large to be chemical in origin. However, given
the sporadic nature of the bursts, their origin is difficult to pinpoint.
Great care was taken in design of our instrumentation to avoid a number of
artifacts, which will be described. This large volume of experimental
results will be described in detail.

The views, opinions, and/or findings contained in this article/presentation
are those of the author/presenter and should not be interpreted as
representing the official views or policies, either expressed or implied,
of the US Government.

Approved for Public Release, Distribution Unlimited