Hi,
[snip]
>I do not think there is evidence that this reaction can run away, or
>that it needs input to keep going or to prevent runaway. It needs input
>to trigger the reaction, and to keep the present cell at operating
>temperature,

Any reaction with COP > 1 that produces heat shouldn't need to have extra heat
added to keep the reaction going.....unless of course it's actually based on
Mills catalysts that need "rejuvenating" periodically. IOW the heat to
rejuvenate the catalysts is not required until after the catalysts are "used up"
and no longer capable of providing heat. The rejuvenation process may also
require a higher temperature than that available while they are producing power,
which might explain why one device can't be used to supply the rejuvenation heat
to another, and the rejuvenation energy needs to be supplied from an external
source.
(Though one ought to be able to supply it via thermal->electrical conversion).

>however both this reaction and the electrochemical one seem
>to work fine in the absence of input.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk