WOW, this paper is a gold mine, and most of it went over my head.  This quantum
mechanical concepts are way past my paygrade.   Maybe Jones, Fran or Axil  and
others can chime in.  Our resident expert who is "trained" in relativity is
also welcomed to chime in.

What I found interesting is this conclusion:

"It was found that when we put an external particle (read: H+ ion) on a
metallic nanotube, the electric charge of the particle is screened by internal
electrons due to the long-range Coulomb interaction between the particle and
internal electrons.  The Coulomb interaction is strong as compared with the
energy scale of the kinetic Hamiltonian.  This fact makes the quantum
mechanical screening complete. "

"The Screening length is given by about the diameter of a nanotube in regard to
the long-range Coulomb potential."

Now, I don't pretend to fully understand all the ramifications of this
statement, but if this is saying what I think it is saying,  this seems to
confirm my suspicions, as well as the confirm the "Horny Theory of LENR".

Imagine a mat of Carbon nanohorns enveloped by high pressure molecular H2 gas.
 A considerable amount of H2 molecules will enter the nanohorn pipe and would
almost be trapped there.   I found out that very little H2 would permeate the
nanohorn walls.  Most of the H2 molecule would stick to the walls and not
permeate the walls.  Now, you have a bunch of H2 molecules inside the pipe.
Now, apply a high voltage along the axis of the nanohorn.  This would cause a
significant current flow enough to ionize the H2 molecules inside the tube.
Then, the H+ ions charge will be screened by the electrons flowing on the
nanotube.  Since the screening distance is given by the diameter of the
nanotube, this means that all the H+ ions inside the tube are completely
screened.  Now, given that you've just jolted these H+ into high speed kinetic
movement due to the high temperature you just applied with your spark, add the
fact that they are screened, meaning they don't have the coulomb repulsion
anymore; guess what would happen when 2 of these H+ ions collide.

Instant p + p fusion.  Success!!!

And the nice thing about this is that the size of the CNT appears to be
irrelevant.  If the screening distance is about the diameter of the nanotube,
this means that whatever diameter CNT you happen to have will always screen
whatever H+ ions it has inside it.  Hence, no need to engineer the correct size.

What do you guys think?  Am I on the right track here?  Could this be the
mechanism at work in a metal crack.  Ed storms believes that the reaction is
primarily p + p.  Could charge screening be the mechanism that causes the
magic?

And BTW, this would also happen on Rossi's tubercles.  Charge screening by
electrons flowing on his tubercules.  But because his tubercules are not
uniform, he would understandably have control issues.  And his thermionic
catalyst would help the situation also.

Guys, those true expert colleagues we have here in Vortex should take this
Carbon nanostructures seriously.  I need help in understanding many quantum
mechanical concepts.

Jojo