From: Jeff Berkowitz <pdx...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 2:04 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi said...

OK, correcting this. I think I am mixing up MW electric and MW thermal. A like
sized region of a commercial fission core is producing about three times this
much thermal output, ~3MW. Plants of that generation are about 33% efficient so
the resulting electrical output is ~1MW, which I erroneously used for the
thermal number in the previous mail.

So I think the thermal density Rossi describes is about 1/3 of an operating
commercial LWR fission core.

Jeff