Mr. Basgall has responded to the questions below with the
following<http://lenr-coldfusion.com/2012/09/12/universal-lenr-reactor-fuel-preparation/#comment-74>
:

RobL: I dont’ know for sure that the gold or the triangle shaped wire would
make any difference at all in the LENR reactions.

After reading the Celani experiments using the ISOTAN wire from the
mechanical view I felt he was on a path to commercialization by the logic
using the ISOTAN wire.

The process to create the fissures or cracks in the wire he disclosed was
causing the wire to become more brittle. Subsequent that the Storms video
came out and he described his process in an understandable way in my
opinion. He described the cracks and fissures and I have seen those before
after using nickel and chrome powder in a special torch to fix damaged
hydraulic rods.

Since many claims of photon exchanges in the LENR process I thought of how
reflective gold was and when I checked it out the melting point was just a
few degrees under the nickel and it is soft compared to most metals. When
the hot metal droplets hit the cold nickel only a small point will stick to
the base wire and when the rollers smash those little cold balls of soft
metal the fissures are formed on the outside of the base wire allowing it
to keep it’s tensil strength. The triangle shape was the simplest way to
grip the wire without damaging the outer fissure flakes. That shape can be
gripped easily as it is rotated to form sharp spiral edges which dipoles
like to exert fields from.

In the Celani experiments I saw that the wires had insulation and were lose
so I knew for a commercial product there could be no lose wires so to speak
I designed a way to hold the wires at a specific tension apart from one
another using eight fuel rods. Thus also eliminating the possibility of
cell contamination due to fiber insulation.

Also using macro scale logic the Storm predictions, the Celani experiments
and the others working with LENR explain many delta exchanges for the
electron capture. Many statements of resonance so I figured no limitations
let’s acoustically vibrate the wire and possibly a resonance will stimulate
an event LENR.

This is highly speculative however we are attempting to make something like
the physicist theory, a base to start standardization through using
commercially available fuel wire. So if we have known facts like Storms and
Celani offer, and those known facts are reduced to a standard mechanical
form so everyone can use, then we have something to compare.

Thank you RobL for showing interest in the LENR fuel and keep picking
things apart because that’s the only way we can help LENR develop, “things
are logically deduced by knowing what doesn’t work as well as establishing
the cause that makes it work”.

Round wire is more difficult to focus angles at projected targets. The
hydrogen finds the fissures, while loading and unloading and I deduced it
may stimulate a LENR reaction to hold the wires taught and vibrating.

Robert Lynn wrote:

OK, I'll bite.... Why gold coated and why does it need to be of triangular
form?  Basically why would that make any positive difference?

Adding gold coating is the antithesis of trying to find a cheap fuel, and
Celani has been doing fine using round wires - also seems that round that
would give more opportunity for consistent processing and for the hydrogen
to get in around the wires.

On top of which I don't think that you want large thick bundles of fuel in
a reactor if there is a positive temperature coefficient to the reaction.
 Want thin layers with good cooling everywhere to prevent run-way hot spots
from forming, or perhaps powder in a fluidised bed where the powder rapidly
convects.

Doesn't really seem to be adding much to the public knowledge base (unless
I missed something).