I know of a few locations where it would be nice to have passive solar hot
water in the summer.  I have noted that a black garden hose in the sun produces
hot water.  The hose could be placed on a roof.  The problem is getting this
heat into a storage tank passively.  The hot water tank would have to be
mounted higher than than the hose.  I would like to employ the ordinary
basement hot water tank.  Hot water rises and will not go down to the basement
tank.

Is there any fluid that sinks when heated?  Can a dissolved gas be somehow
employed to make hot water sink?

Any ideas?

Frank Znidarsic