http://moviecitynews.com/2012/10/the-48th-chicago-international-film-festival-announces-the-winners-of-its-competitions/
*
Docufest Competition*

This selection of international documentaries competing for the Gold Hugo go beyond the headlines in telling those true stories that surprise, entertain and challenge us.

The *Gold Hugo *goes to *THE BELIEVERS* (USA). This tightly constructed cinematic argument with strong characters puts a human face on scientific research and discovery acknowledging our universal understanding of human failings in our desire to achieve success. In *THE BELIEVERS,* the filmmakers remind us just how inexact science really is sometimes. Directors: Clayton Brown and Monica Long Ross.

The *Silver Hugo* goes to *NUMBERED* (Israel). Visually stunning, compelling stories with surprising humor and wit edited into an impactful whole to remind us that the past lives on for the next generations. *NUMBERED* clearly demonstrates the importance of documenting the collective story of the Holocaust and other world genocide. Director: Dana Doron and Uriel Sinai.

The Docufest Competition Jury includes Reiner Veit, Alicia Sams and Ruth Leitman.

--
Ruby Carat

Skype ruby-carat
www.coldfusionnow.org <http://www.coldfusionnow.org>