Abdul-Rahman, many thanks for your posting. I was wondering how you had become
so thoughtful and knowledgeable about Islam. Muslim chaplain at San Quentin!
That must have been fascinating, given the different strains of Islam that you
must have encountered, to say nothing of the outlier Nation of Islam folks.

I don't have time to comment on your observations here, unfortunately as I am
working on a couple of deadlines.  Just one item: of the three Middle Eastern
monotheistic religions, my understanding is that only Christianity (with the
exception of Unitarians) fell into the trinity idea in an effort to elevate
Jesus to divine status. Muslims hold Jesus one of the most important prophets,
along with Moses, Abraham, and Muhammad, Muhammad standing out as the
transmitter of the very word of God in the form of the Quran. Besides this,
Muslims view Muhammad as a mere man with no divine status.

Does Jojo operate with maliciousness? His aggressive and anti-collegial style
may suggest that but this may be no more than the choices of someone who truly
believes he has been told the truth and is shaken up upon finding that so many
smart, well-informed people don't "get it."  Who knows....  Resorting to insult
is what people do when they can do nothing else.

There may be more reason for empathetic sadness than anger....