At 10:21 PM 1/13/2013, William Beaty wrote:
Very weird. Bcc'ing this to newvor...@yahoogroups.com, just in case.

Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 19:21:47 -0800 (PST)
From: William Beaty <bi...@eskimo.com>

Subject: [Vo]:Abd Lowmax no longer welcome on vortex

All subscriptions blocked until further notice.

I only had one subscription, at this email address. I was apparently never removed or blocked. What is he talking about? "All subscriptions" as in he's not allowing any new subscribers?

When Bill announced I was banned, I assumed mail was blocked. During the shutdown, before the ban announcement, I had sent one or two test messages. They were not returned, and they did not appear, I think. I have no clue what happened to them.

I accidentally posted to Vortex-l yesterday and it went through. When I found that out today, I wrote a number of fairly routine posts.

I was surprised to see Bill's laconic message.

In any case, I'd appreciate information about the Vortex-l list processor. If anyone is able to subscribe a new address, I'd like to know. I cannot access that listserv for any purpose, something is blocking it at my domain host (for weeks) and I haven't figured it out.

If this mail does not appear on Vortex, but only as the bcc on newvortex, be aware that replying to it will create a message to Vortex. I don't mind that at all, in fact, it would be great. Or anyone can reply here, just edit the To header to newvor...@yahoogroups.com