From: Chuck Sites <cbsit...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sun, Feb 10, 2013 4:08 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Bose Einstein Condensate formed at Room Temperature

HI Ed,

    I think it is apparent that a BEC in it's normal sense with temps at near
absolute zero is out of the question as you note.  There are too many problems
like the coupling of the lattice to the fusion reaction.  Still if you review
Kim's several presentations over the years he has developed a consistent and
testable theoretical frame work for a N-body mechanism of cold fusion at and
above room temperatures.  I've always thought the physics was intriguing
regardless of the nuclear aspects, that a condensate deuterium ions (or
positive Bose ions or even virtual integer spin particles) could even form in a
metal lattice.

I also like the Chubbs' concepts and it's evaluation of deuterium ions moving
through a lattice and creating something new in physics,  Bose-Band states.
In a periodic potential created by the host metal, you can work out a system
where the bose deuterons form quantum band states like the electron band states
found in solid state physics realm.  However, unlike electrons that have to
obay the Polli exclusion principle,  particles in the Bose band could occupy
the same state, and from BE statistics would prefer to occupy the bands grounds
states.  It even seems likely that the Bose-band could even be superconducting
with respect to the ion channels which would show up as a drop in resistance,
something that people have observed.   It seems possible that H2 molecules (or
pseudo-H2 molecules in a metal lattice like Ni) could also have bose band
states.

Even your suggestion Dr. Storm the hydrogen (H or D) could collect in lattice
dislocations is interesting with respect to either Kim's or Chubbs' work.   For
example a long 1-D chain of deuterons might have some really unusual quantum
states just due to the 1-dimensional nature of the chain.   It might fit a
kronig-penny model of periodic potentials and have even better potential of
N-body fusion because of the quantum geometry.

As far as why a BEC might result in nuclear fusion,  there is a couple of
papers that were published years prior to P&F's big announce by Richard L
Liboff on D fusion rates in degenerate gas (a BEC), basically from the
overlapping wave functions from 2 D ions.  It may have appeared in Physics
Letters circa 1977.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=R.+L.+Liboff+BOSE&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=1%2C18

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01050663?LI=true

What is fun reading Liboff's work is he is talking very very cold fusion! Near
absolute zero cold fusion!

Anyway, that's the basis of my naive understanding the BEC concepts for LERN.
No doubt there is much more to learn and discover.

Best Regards,
Chuck
-----