There are two different powder processes...

The shapways method where the part is glued together with a binder in the
powder then sintered and infused with brass...

The DMLS process where the powder is sinterd with a Laser in the powder as
its built.
The part comes out of the powder at full strength.... it neve gos through
the green clay state...