Hi

The camera market is strange and weird. They sell 13 megapixel cameras
althoug very few can view more than 2 megapixel and commonly we view far
less. What DOES however improve quality is increasing bits per color from 8
to 16 or more. 8 bit is just a bad heritage from a time when memory was
expensive and performance slow. So why aren't there any 16 bit cameras
available? I found one for $1500.

The full dynamic range of the eye is 1:1000000 which requres encoding of 20
bits per color or 60 bits per pixel, and the static range is 1:10000
representable with 14 or 42 bits. Such pixels would be a much better choise
compared top increasing the megapixel to absurd levels.

With 60 bit colors the true intensity of the light would be recorded in the
image.

Further increase of features would be an alpha channel for transparency.
This cahnnel should not be 8 bit. It should be 60 bits as well because
transparency can be different at different colors. One 20 bit alpha-channel
per color makes a 60 bit alpha channel. Together with the original color
thats 120 bits per pixel.

Monitors aren't much better. I just search and only found two monitors with
12 bits per color as maxiumum resolution

David