Eric, you bring up an interesting point.

What is science anyway?

I guess it could mean different things to different people.

For some it might be about certain rules, the status quo, a belief system,
a hierarchy, certain methods and prejudices, and dogma not unlike a
religion.

Not something that has truth and logic as it's guideposts.

You suggest that people feeling a sensation can't
be scientifically considered proof.

But logically it is evidence and it would eventually be enough to be
counted as proof could it not, at least if truth and logic are your
guideposts. Proof of what could be debated of course.

Yes the circumstances must be considered, if I were a stage hypnotist or a
magican and they felt these things in person with me, then you could have
an alternative explanation.

Sticking doggedly to certain rules of what is and is not enough evidence to
be considered proof (or, even evidence as evidence) is not logically
defensible if the weight of evidence is enough in volume and absent of any
other possible explanation.

But it might be scientific, if scientific does not mean logical and
truthful.

But when I say scientific, I mean logical and truthful.

John