On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a typical attack on cold fusion. This is not newsworthy. I just
> wanted to point out that things like this are still widely published. As
> usual, the author has not done his homework.

http://www.physicscentral.com/buzz/blog/index.cfm?postid=238052780327676025

 Last paragraph:
<<According to an article in Chemical and Engineering
News<http://cen.acs.org/articles/91/web/2013/02/Mercury-Fluorescent-Bulbs-Unique-Isotope.html>,
the scientists who performed the study of gas in fluorescent bulbs were
motivated by the knowledge that some mercury isotopes are absorbed in the
glass of the bulbs more readily than others. The isotope ratio inside isn't
changing because of nuclear reactions, but instead by soaking into the
glass at different rates.>>

He has that wrong. They were not motivated by the knowledge that.... They
were motivated by the hypothesis that ...
What they found is consistent with their hypothesis, but it is also
consistent with LENR.

Harry