Here is his follow up paper in response to comments on his first paper.

In the eye of the beholder: Reply to Wilson and Shadish (2006) and Radin,
Nelson, Dobyns, and Houtkooper (2006)

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fciteseerx.ist.psu.edu%2Fviewdoc%2Fdownload%3Fdoi%3D10.1.1.132.3260%26rep%3Drep1%26type%3Dpdf&ei=4A5zUZziBYSHrAG2yYDQAQ&usg=AFQjCNHVr_Ut_wtQ-bM1l0iHK41RiFx7Vw&sig2=ktIphdn09PUmhbVyrJ6-1A

Abstract

Our meta-analysis, which demonstrated (i) a small, but highly
significant overall effect, (ii) a
small study effect, and (iii) extreme heterogeneity, has provoked
widely differing responses.
After considering our respondents’ concerns about the possible effects
of psychological
moderator variables, the potential for missing data, and the
difficulties inherent in any metaanalytic
data, we reaffirm our view that publication bias is the most
parsimonious model to
account for all three findings. However, until compulsory registration
of trials occurs, it
cannot be proven that the effect is in fact attributable to
publication bias and it remains up to
the individual reader to decide how our results are best and most
parsimoniously interpreted.