It remind me the doctor who wahs taking care of Kim Jung Hill (or
another...who died recently...).
He said that that man was normal.

It is a place where prisoners in reeducation camp are executed by bath in
melted metal (heard in a TV document talking of Mengele replicators from
WW2 to now).
they execute people that have tried to escape and that Chinese police bring
back to death (when local mafia do not enslave them).

This man was normal, sensible to cinema... he live in a system of deep
terror were not being monstrous mean you will be monstrously treated. You
cannot judge why people may collaborate with horror, if you ignore the fear.

Science, with less physical violence, is a similar network of communities.
You are not bathed in melted steel, but covered with horse manure, and
executed by public panel and scientific press.

I'm a corp executive, and I know professionally, like many economists know
for countries, that the problem is not the individuals (who have
intelligence, risk analysis capacities, good will, empathy)  but the
organization, with intelligent individual who adapt to the psychiatric
hospital they live in.

What thomas Kuhn explain is that it is required for the "normal science" to
explore the known land ... Without the blinders, scientist would lose much
time in questioning all.
You need scientific terrorists to explore beyond the frontier.
Taleb says that it is the job of entrepreneur, garage inventors,
practitioners, lab or field engineers, and other lower species that really
do the job.

the crisis today is not because of bad normal science, but because on a
huge monolithic, rationalized, big science . we need small island of
science, independent funding criteria, various independent journals with
independent policies...
not a cartel of opinion leaders, some planet-wide comon criteria to judge
what is good or bad...

globally taleb says that big animal, like western science, are fragile.

LENR may put it at risk, like AGW... people will lose confidence in that
big monopoly of truth.
Big science think it is too big to fail, but I'm afraid it is too big to
save.
Science culture, like banks, or nuclear plant, tankers, have to be small so
a catastrophe have a minor impact. There will always hapen catastrophe,
good or bad, just have not to break the system.