Akira Shirakawa <shirakawa.ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's important to note that this is still preliminary data and
> that unexpected measurement artifacts might lurk somewhere.

Yes.

I don't like to be a wet blanket, but over the years I have seen dozens of
results like this come and go. The percent of excess heat here is small,
and the absolute value of the heat in watts is small compared to the
capacity of the calorimeter. You really have to be cautious with something
on this scale.

>From the first message, this is "2.5 W of excess power over the 30.4 W
input power (~6% excess)." 2.5 W would be a huge signal if this were
McKubre's calorimeter, or one of Storms', but in a calorimeter with a
minimum threshold of 0.25 W this is not much.

This is FAR less than Rossi's power levels or input to output ratio. That
makes it much easier to believe his results, as measured by Levi, simply
because they are so big.

This illustrates the fact that there is no single "best method" that
applies to all experiments. It would be impossible to measure the
difference between 30.4 W and 32.9 W with something like an IR camera.
That's unthinkable. The errors are 10% (albeit conservatively) so 6% would
be in the noise. Levi's method is crude but it is ideal for 300 W in 900 W
out. It would be ridiculous to try it with this.