Dr. Swartz,

Thank you for responding.  I had not realized the lengths to which you went
to try to match the impedance, which must be very difficult with the
changing impedance of the active material.  With the leads being the same,
you would have had times where the control impedance was greater than the
active material with the work you did on matching (thus reversing a
possible effect of power dissipation in the leads).   Have you also had
times where more power is put through the active vs. control to see how
that affects the Delta T/watt comparison?