notice you only need the >179 figure to get above the Debye temp.  You can get
around that by alloying the Ni with Cu and even annealing.
http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Debye_Temperature_and_Hardness_of_Co.html?id=Rhd5NwAACAAJ

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pssa.2210090108/abstract

I personally use both copper and gold in Ni to drop both the Debye temp and the
energy of vacancy formation.   A rough rule of thumb is that adding a softer
lower melting point material to Ni or Pd is good.  So far, I have to keep my
metals fcc.

Notice also that you can drop the energy of vacancy formation also by having
finer materials.  If they are small enough (somewhere around <10nm) the becomes
little difference between the Ef for bulk and surface.  (normally, the surface
Ef is lower than the bulk)

 so..............  I say all that to let you know that you can have systems
that work below 179 C.  My demo at NI week will be operating at 80C.

D2

note:  the Cu added to Ni (also Pt) helps in the dissociation of the H