On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Jack Cole <jcol...@gmail.com> wrote:

With the recent corresponding findings of both Defkalion and MFMP
> suggesting the temperature needs to be >179C to initiate the reaction, I am
> wondering if this may also have implications for electrolysis with nickel.

This is a very interesting point that you make.  If it is the case that the
Debye temp of nickel must be surpassed in order to see a substantial effect
(or even simply that the nickel be really hot), then it seems like Ni/H
electrolysis would not result in an effect.  Note also that that the Debye
temp of palladium is quite low, which is consistent with seeing an effect
in Pd/D electrolysis.

Eric